Monday, July 11, 2011

inspireME

As the design director at jesGORDON/properFUN, I am encouraged and supported to step outside of the box and design one of a kind parties! It is not always easy to stray away from what’s been done and seen in events, especially in NYC where all the fabulous designers produce such top-notch work. Jes is definitely one of the most creative minded inventors in the realm of event design. She has keen eyes and a fresh taste for new design, and she is not afraid to execute it.

First step to producing a one of kind event is to be inspired. When it comes to designing an event, my inspirations come from many sources. I’ve come to learn that event design is not only about tabletop decorations and table linens, but is about completely transforming the space through lighting, furniture, linens, flowers, props and much more.

I am a big fan of delicious cuisines and sweet pastries, beautiful photographs, unique textures, variety of colors, home décor, music, shapes and much more. Blogs, restaurants, galleries, store displays, fashion and basically everywhere in The world is my creative outlets and play a role in my designs.

Everywhere I look there are inspirations. I take visual snapshots in my head as I cruise down the street. Store windows in Soho and 5th avenue, art galleries in Chelsea and lower east side, and of course museums. Grab a pair of sunglasses and comfortable shoes, TAKE A WALK!

{Museum Pedestals}

{Museum Pedestals at the Pinch Event}

Top Store Window Displays:

Anthropology: I love their window displays. I like checking out the materials that they used. One of my favorite displays was large flower installation that was made with colorful plastic cups.

Louis Vuitton: LV always has visually striking window displays either through large fabricated props or lighting display. They are always the talk of the town!

I religiously read design and interior blogs. I’ve listed few below for you guys to check out! These Design blogs don’t contain anything event related. But that is why I enjoy reading them because they give me different perspective in design.

Design Blogs: Design Buzz, Gizmodo, Design Crush, Frame , Contemporist

Interior Blogs: Department of the Interior, Daily Dream Decor, Decor8

Check out my boards on Pinterest, these images work wonders for my imagination <3


No comments:

Post a Comment